Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

My Yes Finishing Touch won't hold a charge. I would like to

Customer Question

My Yes Finishing Touch won't hold a charge. I would like to return it for another one and order another one as a backup.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Rechargeable batteries in portable electronic devices nowadays, regardless of exactly what battery technology they are, will always fail eventually. It usually takes a year and a half or longer, but if the battery is defective then it will fail to hold a charge sooner. Returning your device is simple: if it is within roughly several weeks of its purchase date, you return it to the vendor or store for an exchange for another working device of the same or similar capability and value. That depends upon the length of the return-exchange period offered by the store or vendor, which varies.If that return-exchange period has run out, you have the manufacturer's warranty to look to next. I'm not sure who exactly makes the Yes Finishing Touch, to be honest... consult your warranty card, that came with the device, if you have it. Warranty periods, from a manufacturer, usually last one year from original purchase date with some limitations, but in this case, again, I am not sure. Let me know what you know or can find out on your side, if it gets to this point, and I will research and instruct you further.