Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.

My name is***** im trying to make a due payment

Customer Question

hello,my name is***** im trying to make a due payment but your system has deemed my credit card invalid. my credit card payment went through on the 9th but takes up to 24 hours to process. i have called the bank earlier today & they said everything is fine & that my payment went through & my card is good for use....Can you please help me with this problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi Carlos,What company are you trying to pay?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im trying to pay off a 12.80 balance. my card is ok but they have deemed my card invalid now i cant use their service.The company is "Uber"
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Ok, there are a many possible reasons why you’re having this error:The card you’re using is already enrolled with another rider accountTheir system may have detected that you have duplicate accountsTheir system has detected potential “fraudulent” transactionsIf you have a driver account and use the same phone for both UberPartner App and Uber Rider App it won't workIf you’re using a prepaid card, using prepaid cards for Uber is still hit-and-miss
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
The best way around this is to first try using a different card.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i dont have duplicate accounts...& only use 1 phone for one account. IS there any other way to fix this. Using another card wont fix the current problem with the card i originally used?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ive talked to my bank,& they said everything is ok. The only thing that happened to my knowledge is i made a lte payment on my card & it took 24 hours to processes & within that time Uber tryed to charge my card . So ever since then Uber wont take my card & there is nobody to talk to direct to clear this problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Ok, maybe your card was just temporarily blocked - have you tried using it again recently?If it still won't work then Uber doesn't like it for some reason :)You could try using a different card, or you can contact Uber support at however they will likely get you to try a different card first unless they discover some actual problem with your account.