GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Please can you tell me how I move all firefox favourites from

Customer Question

Please can you tell me how I move all firefox favourites from an old to a new computer running Outlook 2016 and the same OS WIN 7? I have dropbox and portable hdd.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Sorry I asked this one twice but I have raised another question.

Please can you tell me how I move all rec'd + sent Outlook 2013 email (including archived) from an old to a new computer running Outlook 2016 and the same OS WIN 7?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
I'm so sorry for my delayed response. If you will click on the three lines in the upper right portion of Firefox screen and then click on Option (the gear icon) and then sync, you will see the option to create a firefox account or to sign in with an existing one. If you don't have one, create one, and then sign in with that same account on your new computer. Once you do that all of your firefox settings including your favorites will transfer. Please give me just a few minutes to prepare detailed instructions for moving your Outlook emails.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
To export all mail from Outlook 2013 please do the following:1. At the top of your Outlook ribbon, choose File.2. Choose Open & Export > Import/Export.3. Choose Export to a file.4. Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.5. Select the name of the email account to export. Only information for one account can be exported information at a time.6. Make sure that the Include subfolders check box is selected. This way everything in the account will be exported: Calendar, Contacts, and Inbox. Choose Next.7. Click Browse to select where to save the Outlook Data File (.pst). Type a file name, and then click OK to continue.NOTE: If you’ve used export before, the previous folder location and file name appear. Type a different file name before clicking OK.8. If you are exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst), under Options, specify what to do when exporting items that already exist in the file.9. Click Finish.10. Outlook begins the export immediately unless a new Outlook Data File (.pst) is created or a password-protected file is used.· If you’re creating an Outlook Data File (.pst), an optional password ***** help protect the file. When the Create Outlook Data File dialog box appears, type the password ***** the Password ***** Verify Password ***** and then click OK. In the Outlook Data File Password ***** box, type the password, and then click OK.· If you’re exporting to an existing Outlook Data File (.pst) that is password ***** in the Outlook Data File Password ***** box, type the password, and then click OK.Now that your Outlook data is in a .pst file, it's portable. For example, you can save the .pst file to OneDrive, and then download it to your new computer. Or you can save it to a usb flash drive, plug the drive into your new computer, and then import it all to OutlookTo Import your calendar, contacts, and emails to Office 2016 from the pst file that you created, please do the following:1. At the top of your Outlook 2016 ribbon, choose File.2. Choose Open & Export > Import/Export. This starts the wizard.3. Choose Import from another program or file, and then click Next.4. Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.5. Browse to the .pst file you want to import. Under Options, choose how you want to deal with emails and contacts, then choose Next.6. If a password ***** assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), enter the password, and then click OK.7. If you're importing the contents of your .pst file into your Office 365 mailbox, choose that mailbox here.If you're NOT importing into your Office 365 mailbox, choose Import items into the current folder. This imports the data into the folder currently selected.Choose Finish. Outlook starts importing the contents of your .pst file immediately. It's finished when the progress box goes away.If you're importing your .pst file to your Office 365 mailbox, you may see a message that it's trying to connect with Office 365. This happens when the Internet connection is interrupted, even for a moment. Once your Internet connection is re-established, Outlook will continue importing the .pst file.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your complete responses. I will try them out tomorrow and all being well, just add a smiley face Laughing Thanks.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
You're very welcome. Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the steps. Have a great day!