Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I don't know why my magicjack is not working. the blue light

Customer Question

I don't know why my magicjack is not working. the blue light is flashing very quickly.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the phone is not working, but the hub that the magicjack is plugged into is fine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: I am not sure whether the fee is paid, I seem to remember paying for a 5t year stint.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Please do this: Remove the power cord from your hub for 2 minutes.While it is off plug the network cable from the MJ into a different port on the hub.After 2 minutes power the hub back on, allowing a minute or so for it to fully restartand then check the phone connection.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That didn't work. The magic jack would normally rotate through the blue yellow and red lights when it is working, but it is just rapid flashing blue, and when I plugged/unplugged it went to a solid red and no dial tone on phone.
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
Is the MagicJack plugged in directly to the wall adapter or are you using the 8 inch USB extension cable that came with it.The reason I ask is that the device can get very hot when plugged straight into the adapter and to the wall socket.
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
When you plug the MagicJack into a USB port on a PC does it work normally?
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.
If your Magic Jack works plugged in to the computer but not the wall. It means that the a/c adapter is bad.You can buy those at Wal-Mart or Best Buy for a few dollars and that will fix the problem.