Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I recently downloaded Apache OpenOffice version 4 so I could

Customer Question

I recently downloaded Apache OpenOffice version 4 so I could convert a Word 2013 document to a PDF file so that it could not be printed or altered. This protects my work so I can be paid.
Now when I open any word document they show up as an ODT file. When I follow the instructions to convert them to an MS Office 97/2000/XP file it works but all of my formatting of my original Word Doc is compromised.
I need help! I am a professional resume writer and I need my word docs back as they were!!!!!!!
Thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lorraine and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.If you are a professional and will be writing documents with print protection, you will need a better program, like Acrobat Pro.Regarding your old formatted file, if your computer has file history enabled, we may be able to recover it the way it was so you can convert it later. A regular PDF file can be printed unless you set protection on it with Acrobat Pro.Would you like me to connect with you and fix the problem remotely, that way we can avoid causing any additional problems?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin