Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.

I am trying to acsess my schedule and it says cannot initalize

Customer Question

I am trying to acsess my schedule and it says cannot initalize tubesock
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am getting an error message saying: couldn't initialize tube scoks, unable to communicate with applet after five attempts
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i am trying to access a schedule that requries Java to run and they instructed me to uninstall java and reinstall it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This may be caused by a firewall or anti-virus software on your computer, which is not allowing the tubesock connection. Another possibility is the web browser you are using has a security setting which is blocking the applet.First, try temporarily disabling your firewall and anti-virus software and let me know if that helps?If it doesn't, then try using a different web browser on your computer, or try using a different computer and let me know if you can access the schedule ok there?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?