Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

5 yr. old laptop Toshiba with windows 7: continued message

Customer Question

5 yr. old laptop Toshiba with windows 7: continued message webpage not responding when trying to connect with Have to re-boot, and even then it often doesn't connect.
When I do connect, computer freezes and mouse is useless. Had last geek service
6/14 Webroot installed but still have same problems.
Any way to salvage, or do I just need a new computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Do you have any other browser than Internet explorer? Like Mozilla Firefox? Try the following. Press and hold the Windows Key and press R key without releasing the Windows key. (Windows Key + R). It will open Run box. Type in inetcpl.cpl in the Run box, and then press Enter. It will open Internet options. In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab.Tap or click Reset. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.Note Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.Exit and then start Internet Explorer. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N