Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am unable to connect to the internet since this mornung (May

Customer Question

I am unable to connect to the internet since this mornung (May 7, 2016). I have a Dell Computer with XP operating system.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today. - Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R- In the box that comes up, type: cmd- Click the Ok button.- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig- Press Enter Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3 Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs? I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert did not resolve the problem.
Hello,DO you see my questions? I cannot help unless you tell me about your problem. I am not there, so I cannot fix it. YOU must give me the information so that I can tell you how to fix it.- Jason