Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Got a message from windows that I have a virus. i am Linda

Customer Question

got a message from windows that I have a virus. i am Linda Rullestad.(###) ###-####***@******.*** Toshiba laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake message; it is a scam. Do not follow any instructions in it. Do not call any number. This issue usually occurs when you you accidentally click on a bad link or ad, or email attachment. Please always ignore any message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.Are you able to close that popup window?Can you shut down / restart the computer, and check? Does that message still come up?Is there currently any issue with your computer?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,