Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an LG Flatron EV2350V monitor. The window, when maximized

Customer Question

I have an LG Flatron EV2350V monitor. The window, when maximized were slightly too big. So I went into an app (VGA something) and try to adjust the display. I picked some choice that was called self- sync or something. Anyway, it was clearly the wrong choice because now all the blue lights at the bottom of the monitor are blinking and the screen is black except for a periodic flash in which the screen appears perfectly. I tried to reboot but that didn't solve it. I brought it up in safe mode but don't know what to do, while I that mode. When I reboot normally, the problem continues. Help!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Molly. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.If you made changes to the display via a LG app inside Windows you may be able to set the computerback to a working state using System Restore.To begin the restore, start or re-start your computer and as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo begin steadily tapping the F8 key. You should shortly see the Advanced Boot menu. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.After a bunch of stuff scrolls by, enter your password ***** prompted. You will get a black screen where you will see this prompt: C:\Windows\System32>At that prompt enter: rstrui.exe and press enter. This will launch System Restore(it may not start immediately so please give it a few moments)When the System Restore window opens click Next and place a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points.Select the restore point with a date just before this problem started..Click Next then Finish to start the restore. The machine will restart when the restore is complete and if allworks, your monitor will be working normally.This will not affect your files or programs.Let me know the result please.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
If that doesn't set things back to a working condition do this.Start the machine up in regular Safe Mode.Once at the desktop click the start button and in the search area type: msconfigOpen the msconfig search result at the top of the results.Click the Startup tab, select Disable All and click Apply.Click the Services tab. Put a checkmark in the Hide all Microsoft services box.Click Disable All, Apply, and OK and restart the computer normally.This starts the computer without 3rd party apps running, including the one that caused this to begin with.