Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Received a Microsoft Security Essentials Alert

Customer Question

received a Microsoft Security Essentials Alert
Trojan Downloader Java/Tonper Malware error 895-system32.Exe Failure Call Microsoft 1-***-***-****
is this actually Microsoft or scam Charley
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. That is a scam; that is a not a Microsoft contact phone number. Microsoft would never display a warning message to call them. Please do not follow any instructions in it, and do not call that number.Does this issue only occur when you open the Internet?If you shut down / restart the computer, does this issue occur again?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
This issue usually occurs when you you accidentally click on a bad link or ad, or email attachment. Please always ignore any message (or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.- If needed, press and hold the power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.- If there is still any issue with your computer after restarting it, or if there is still popup issue when using the internet, please let me know, so I can fix the issue for you.When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,