Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I was trying to clean the dust from my emachine w3622 heat

Customer Question

I was trying to clean the dust from my emachine w3622 heat sink & a tiny wuire broke. Is there a way of fixing the wire, or do I have to get a new heat sink?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I used the pc for a few months then packed it away. I inspected it & it was so dusty inside. I didn't hook it up bc of that also bc I let someoen have the 2 ram sticks. So I was having trouble getting the dust from the heat sink, 1st time I ever cleaned it so I didnt know I shouldn't yank. It came out easy to clean but a tiny wire brok in it
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: It was brand new when I got it & worked great before I put it away 6 ,o later, bc someone gave me a new dell
.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cory replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. Did it come off the fan?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I did not get your response & my pc suffered an unexpected shut down when I tried going there. I decided to just buy a new heat sink. The problem is, I did not agree to being debited $36. I saw that & clicked "No Thanks" just before my pc shutdown. So I need my money back right away, that was my grocery money. That's not very nice to post it to my account as a "signature purchase" when I did NOT agree. That's exploiting the elderly.