Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My sister passed away and in trying to access her laptop

Customer Question

My sister passed away and in trying to access her laptop computer, the tech at Office Depot said her password ***** tied into her Microsoft account. I have tried and tried to access her Microsoft account but have been unsuccessful. How can I reset the account to me and get past her password???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. On another working computer or device, do you currently have access to the email address as shown on the problematic computer?What's the model of the problematic computer? Does it have windows 8 or 10, etc.?Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,