John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I GOT HP COMPUTER A YEAR AGO THAT HAS MS WINDOWS 8 ALREADY

Customer Question

I GOT HP COMPUTER A YEAR AGO THAT HAS MS WINDOWS 8 ALREADY LOADED ON IT. I DON'T LIKE WINDOWS 8 !!! AND I HAVE PURCHASED FROM AMAZON (Microsoft Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit DVD + Genuine Product Key. MY QUESTION IS ABOUT CHANGING BACK: IS INSTALLATION OF WIN 7 EASY? (JUST INSERT DVD AND CLICK "AGREE")? ALSO WILL THE INSTALLATION AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE "EVERYTHING WINDOWS 8" FROM THIS COMPUTER? AND IS THERE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS YOU CAN GIVE (DO I NEED TO PURCHASE ANY ADDITIONSL SOFTWARE TO MAKE IT WORK ? IS MY COMPUTER WARRANTY GOING TO BE AFFECTED? THIS IS 1ST TIME I'VE TRIED THIS -NEED ADVISE THANKS
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.Windows 7 installation is easy for those have some background in installing windows operating systems.Could you please provide the full model of the HP computer so that i can check whether its fully compatible with windows 7.Most likely it will be but just to make sure let me know the model.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Sir please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HP Pavilion 500-270 Desktop (3.4 GHz Intel Core i3-4130 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1) Black HP Pavilion 500-270 Desktop (3.4 GHz Intel Core i3-4130 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1)
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the details.I will check the compatibility now in the mean time please read the following regarding your questions.Before you do windows 7 installation i suggest you back up the files you needed to a external hard drive or to a cloud based back up (Do this only if you have a high speed internet connection)The reason why i suggested to do back up is that in order to do clean install of windows 7 you need to format the C drive then need to install windows 7 on it.Here is a link which shows how to do clean install of windows 7 : - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.htmlTo start windows 7 installation you need to boot from the windows 7 installation disc to do that turn on the computer then press F12 repeatedly when you see the HP start-up screen that will show the boot options from that select CD/DVD drive and press enter that will boot from windows 7 disc.Then it will show a message to press any key to boot from CD or DVD ... immediately press any key on the keyboard rest of the installation process is described in the web link i provided above.To answer your question regarding warranty.No changing the operating system in your computer wont void the warranty of the hardware on the computer.Let me know if you have any doubts.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I had just checked whether your desktop is compatible with windows 7 and its compatible with windows 7.Here is a link that provides drivers and software for your computer : - http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-500-200-desktop-pc-series/5399647/model/6529867#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930C7 use that if you have any trouble getting any device in the computer working with windows 7I hope that answers all your questions.Please let me know if you have any doubts or questions?If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Sir checking to see whether you need anymore help.Please let me know.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.