Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a model SX2855 which I recently moved from a house to

Customer Question

I have a model SX2855 which I recently moved from a house to an apartment. It is no longer producing sound for videos, etc. I checked the monitor and Microsoft settings and they appear to be set to produce sound. Is there a setting for the computer itself that I can check?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.Some things to check are the actual speaker cable (green connector) and make sure it's in the actual speaker input and not in the microphone one.Then there are various settings on the computer that could affect the sound.Would you like me to connect with you and fix the problem remotely, that way we can avoid causing any additional problems?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there something I can check in the computer settings, since I didn't change the wires when I moved the computer and the monitor and Microsoft settings appear to be set to make sound?
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Look at the bottom right corner of the screen (taskbar), do you see the volume icon?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Looks like a speaker, right?
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Yep!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The volume control is set at highest setting. Anything else to check on that screen?
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Does it have any red crosses on it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't see any. It is called "Realtek", if that helps
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Do you use external speakers?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just the ones on the monitor.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
The driver might be causing problems - but it usually shows a little red sign or cross showing it has a problem.I would have to have a look at it remotely but I can't connect to your right this minute, I can do so in about 20 mins is that ok?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Remotely is fine. I got a message earlier that you couldn't do it. I had thought you had a technical problem. But if you don't and can connect remotely in 20 minutes, that's fine.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Great thank you
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Hello again
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Try requesting the remote session again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm having trouble updating my payment info. I.e., I updated it and I still can't accept the offer.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
Hmm, I can put you through to billing if you like?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll just discontinue this chat. I do not wish to be charged for this service.
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.
You may cancel using this link:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usHave a lovely day!Martin