Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

I have a Dell Dimension 1200 desktop that I want to change

Customer Question

I have a Dell Dimension 1200 desktop that I want to change the hard disk to Windows 7 with more capacity. I would like to change my no write disk drive to a writeable one. This unit is my baby and I don't want to replace it. Can I get these items? I will be installing them myself.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 5 months ago.
You can purchase a new hard disk, and clone the old one to the new one using a USB to SATA Adapter and a cloning software like macrium reflect. This part will be fairly easy, once the disk has been cloned all you need to do is replace the old disk with the new disk. There are a lot of guides on the internet that tells how exactly you can do this such as this one "how to clone a hard disk" I can't find a lot of information about dell dimension 1200, but if it's a desktop then you will need a 3.5" disk, and if it's a laptop then you will need a 2.5" disk. You can get the disk from Amazon. Let me know if you have additional questions, if not then please take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon on the top right.