IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I have an .isd and .kwp file that is a will and I cannot find

Customer Question

I have an .isd and .kwp file that is a will and I cannot find what program opens it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is saved in a file called "WILLPOWER" it is my fathers will who just passed away
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if you have access to your father's computer.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried to open it on his computer also to no avail
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
OK. A .kwp file refers to a Kamban Word Processor document. Please check if a program by that name is ***** ***** your father's computer.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
Were you able to find anything related to Kamban Word Processor?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a will program
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
There is a program called Kiplinger's WillPOWER. Do you see it installed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It wasn't so I bought it and installed it but it does not use that extension. In all my research I keep finding that kamban word processor info too but he would have no reason to have it in that kind of language.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is an ISD file with it
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
May I know the names of the files and the file sizes as well?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jay.kwp 6mb
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And will.isd 26mb
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
OK, let me check if I can find any other program that can open those file types.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
Hello again! I did a thorough research on .kwp and .isd extensions (file types). For .kwp, it only mentions "Kiplinger's WillPOWER" program.For .isd, there are no known programs used to open that file type. However, please go to this page: and check if any of those files can be converted to a .doc file and opened with Word or WordPerfect. You can also try to open the original files with one of those text processors. If that doesn't work, you can try the following: 1. Start a simple text editor such as Notepad. To do that, click on the Windows Start button and then click on All Programs > Accessories > Notepad2. In an empty Notepad window, just drag-and-drop the Jay.kwp file3. Check if you can read the text, or find any meaningful word4. Do the same for the other file - will.isd That is all I can think of. I hope this helps! Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro