Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have an ASUS m32cd with a core i5 6400 cpu. I really like

Customer Question

I have an ASUS m32cd with a core i5 6400 cpu. I really like the computer, but for some reason I suddenly got a warning from the BIOS, "CPU core overvoltage". It says the voltage is 4.08. How do I get into the settings and drop the voltage down to where it belongs, and incidentally, what SHOULD the voltage be?? Thanks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.
Most laptops will not let you change voltages can be random, but yours seems to be in the right area. You have done some of the correct trouble shooting steps. Can you take pictures of the bios with your phone and post them here? I'd like to see the options. CPU over-volt is often a sign the CPU has had a physical failure.