Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My husband has a MacBook with Yosemite, and when he tries to

Customer Question

My husband has a MacBook with Yosemite, and when he tries to bring up his dishmail inbox, he gets the error message "unhandled exception".
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. He clicks on the go to my inbox button,it goes to redirecting for awhile, then the page comes up " unhandled exception". My email is working fine on my iPad.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know. A few weeks ago I tried to redo his default mail settings to the new dishmail rather than google, but it only worked for a few days, so he goes to his mail from his bookmarks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs he accessing it via Safari? Or Apple Mail (or another program)?Please let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Never mind. All of a sudden it started working. But it was via Safari. As long as I' vet got your ear- do you recommend upgrading to El Capitan? Cuz Yosemite kinda sucks.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Can you tell me the most import program you use on the Mac? And I can check it will be ok, as thats the only reason not to