Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I had windows 10 could not get dial up usb modem to work for

Customer Question

I had windows 10 could not get dial up usb modem to work for a Daktronics sign at my business, so I bought copy of windows 8, installed that have same problem. Modem dials but will not complete handshake. Know the sign is working Daktronics contacted it remotely and controlled it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi Fred. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Is the phone line that you have connected to your mode, a standard analog land line? If it's a DSL line you have to make sure that it has filter on it, and if it's a VOIP line (like Vonage or Magic Jack) it won't work at all. It needs to be an analog line, such as you would use for a fax machine or a credit card machine. If it is a digital line ( for example, an extension of a PBX or other type of phone system such as you would find in larger businesses) that won't work either. Let me know what you're working with and i'll try to come up with a solution for you.