Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a computer with vista home premium operating system.

Customer Question

I have a computer with vista home premium operating system. I cannot get it to start. I get a black screen with the message windows error recovery. the message states that I may have a problem because of recent hardware or soft ware changes. I recently ran disc clean and disk defragmentation and then removed items that were supposed to be unnecessary and in removing would provide more disk space. the computer continued to operate and several hours later switched to the black screen. I do not have a recovery disk. the computer is an hp 1730n and came with operating system installed in 2007. is there anything I can do? sent from my tablet. randy marshall,at***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcome RandyCan you start the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.Can you get to this menu?