Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Reason I found that I am locked out of my 'diary'

Customer Question

For some reason I found that I am locked out of my 'diary' file which I wrote in Word on the C Drive. (User/Andrew/Document/Diary). I have made a keystoke error and i dont know what i have done.
Another file has come up a (DOC# *****) .doc# which seems to be some type of locked file which doesnt allow me to get into my 'diary' file. When i try and open the diary file , the error prompt "This is not a win word 97 file" comes up and wont allow me to open the file.
I have Windows Vista and should be most grateful if you could tell me how I might unlock it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeThe lock file is different Andrew and not what you need to open Word.Are you saying you cannot find the actual word document you list? Or it is now password *****?