Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager at an International Company
93720025

My computer crashed and it is now at a hard disk security lock

Customer Question

My computer crashed and it is now at a hard disk security lock data port0 screen asking for a password ***** I have zero idea what it wants ? I had two users one regular and one admin that I set up on Windows 7 and forgot the admin password ***** I wasn't worried cuz I planned to reset it with disk but can't find it yet (moved ) and now I'm unable to get past this thing please help me I need to work and can't without my computer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with your issue. Can I have more information, including what kind of computer and what changed that could be causing this. I have seem similar messages, typically related to the BIOS password, where you have to go into the BIOS of the computer and disable that password. Please let me know and I am happy to help.Thank you!