Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Over 10 years of professional experience.

Trying to use my desk top computer to down load an embroidery

Customer Question

Trying to use my desk top computer to down load an embroidery design. The operating system on my computer is Windows 2010. Is there a work around for this?
JA: You'd be surprised how many people have questions about an operating system. Fortunately, the technicians we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am using a cord with A B connectors to connect my Janome 10001 to my computer. The computer recognizes the connection but nothing else.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The manual states this machine can use Windows 98 / Windows 2000. I have W
indows 2010. Is there a conversion for this machine so it will work with Windows 2010?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can help you in one of two ways:1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch. In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just want my question answered.
Okay, here goes. Please, follow the instructions below to install the update for Windows 10:- Make sure that the device is not yet plugged into the computer.- Click the link that follows, scroll to the bottom of the page, click the Accept button, download the software, and open it. In the file, run the HaspUserSetup application. Download page: Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation. Once that is complete, you will be all set.