Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Just installed uzb 3.0 disclosure with fan.... my computer

Customer Question

just installed uzb 3.0 disclosure with fan.... my computer does not recognize drive in it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
What is the model of this device you installed?
Expert:  Terry White II replied 5 months ago.
Hello, thank you for asking your question! My name is ***** ***** I'm a Technical Support Specialist of 15+ years experience as a cross-platform (Mac/PC) Specialist. Glad to assist you with your question today. Have you attempted to try an SMC reset?This is a simple process but can also be very helpful.-SMC RESET-The System Management Controller is an integrated circuit (computer chip) that is usually on the logic board of your Mac portable. It is responsible for power management of the computer. It controls back-lighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspect and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping, but also helps with unusual issues which sometime Shut down the computer.Unplug the power cord.Wait fifteen seconds.Plug in the power cord.Turn on the computer.Try this process and then attempt to activate the parental controls again. Let me know if this helps.I await your reply.Thanks! Terry
To Peter and fellow JA expert Cody,Please disregard my post, it was intended for a different case by somehow I inadvertently saved it in yours.Apologies for the inconvenience. Peter, I will leave you in my colleague's capable expertise on your technical issue and wish you all the best!(Opting out of this question)Regards, Terry
Correction to my last question Jill,I meant to ask can you provide me what type of Mac computer or notebook you are using?This way I can better determine what model you have in order to better assist you.Thanks!
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.