Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

My tech support was going to connect to my computer to fix

Customer Question

my tech support was going to connect to my computer to fix my problem. i need this done.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I can certainly help you.What seems to be the problem?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my hard drive went bad on my main computer. when it was fixed and i went to itunes, my computer did something funky with my library on itunes. it has changed drastically from what it was before. if you have my library on file from two weeks ago, that is how i want my itunes library to look like instead of what it looks like now.
Are you actually missing items in the library, or does the layout look different?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the layout looks way different from what i want it to be and i do believe that some are missing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have a listing of mp3's as well as a listing of karaoke as well.
Unfortunately some things could have been lost when they replaced your hard drive. If you have your songs/videos on an iPad or iPhone, you can resync it to itunes to get the items back. Also, it sounds like you were possibly using an older version of iTunes. Assuming you have Windows:iTunes 11https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/iTunes11/031-3481.20140225.SdYYY/iTunesSetup.exe Try that and see if it looks like your old layout. You also need to make sure that the iTunes library folder was moved from your old hard drive and into the proper place in your current documents folder. That is where all of the songs and media reside.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i won't be able to do that now as i have a kindle pad and my computer that i am talking about is with my six foot geek who is my tech support here. he is also working to see what can be done. my software that we are working with is called pro dex3 and is a very good software program but you have to know just how to handle it correctly. i am helping him with some of the things he does not know about it.
Alright, well I apologize if I couldn't help you but I believe that is all of the assistance I have to offer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
bye
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.I have been in the computer repair business for almost 20 years. In those 20 years, in those years, I have witnessed maybe five hard drives fail to the point where data cannot be accessed from the drive. The reason I am telling you this is because more often than not, the technician should and will make a backup of the data on the failing hard drive before throwing it away. I would suggest that you ask your technician to make you a copy of that backup on an external drive, DVDs, or whatever his choice of media is. Once you have that, your iTunes songs will be recoverable. Otherwise, only the songs that you paid for through the Apple Store will be recoverable. If you need help restoring purchases from the Apple Store or recovering songs from the backup copy that he will give you, I can start a Secure Remote Assistance session with you, which will allow me to share your screen and fix the problem. I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason