Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am unable to sync my mail app in windows 10 with my g mail

Customer Question

I am unable to sync my mail app in windows 10 with my g mail a/c.
Google chrome will not open in Windows 10 after I have downloaded it and cannot set it as my default.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mark! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you.Can you tell me whether your mail or Google Chrome have ever worked in Windows 10 correctly? Also, is this a new computer, or did you recently upgrade to Windows 10?Thanks for answering these questions so that we can get a better idea of where to begin fixing this issue for you. I look forward to hearing back from you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its a new computer with Windows 10 already installed.
Let's try to fix the Google Chrome problem first. We'll start by uninstalling it using a (free) third-party tool called Revo Uninstaller, which you can download here:http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.htmlAfter you've download the above program, launch it and use it to uninstall Chrome. The benefit of using this program instead of the built-in tools is that it searches for an removed residual files and registry entries, ensuring we can reinstall from a clean slate.After you've uninstalled, let's try to reinstall Chrome using this link:https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?system=true&standalone=1Following the install, please reboot your computer and then try to use Chrome after your computer boots back up. Kindly let me know if the program works now.