ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.

I got Cortana on my system that I cannot delete. How do I uninstall

Customer Question

I got Cortana on my system that I cannot delete. How do I uninstall Cortana?
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kamran, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer! I'm going to point you to a couple of different resources. First, while it IS possible to uninstall Cortana, it's not recommended. This is because when you uninstall it it breaks the Start Menu and Windows just does not function correctly. You can read more about this by clicking the following link: So instead of uninstalling it, my suggestion would actually have to simply disable it. This way, it will still be on the system, but it won't be functional. To find instructions on how to do this, please see the following article: If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you any way that I can. And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.