Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.

Pearl...i Have been workingfor servicecompaniesfor 22 yearsnowcleaningout

Customer Question

Hi Pearl...i Have been workingfor servicecompaniesfor 22 yearsnowcleaningout Forclosedhouses...i Have found in a clean out a HP Elite 6930p witha PGA Wholediskencryption....Isthereaway to Wipeit out clean>..idontwantanyoftheifo on it ...jusgtreal niceto keep for meand the kids if pos..thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This is an older (2008) model, so it is quite outdated at this point, and may not actually be worth salvaging, even if it is in good physical condition, as the memory and processor just aren't going to keep up with many current programs. When you try to boot it up, does it go to a bios lock screen? Or does it start up windows?If it starts windows, you can just get yourself (or make) a windows restore disc for the appropriate os (likely XP or win7) and boot to cd to run the restore, assuming you have the windows key sticker printed on it to complete the activation. If it goes to a boot lock screen that is more difficult and you'd instead want to pull the drive out, mount it in another pc to format it, then reinstall/restore it. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan