Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator

White screen on power up Lenovo X1 carbon JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

White screen on power up Lenovo X1 carbon
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I power up Lenovo X1 Carbon the only thing that comes up is a white screen. Control alt del produces a black screen which then turns white again. Power on of etc does nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
What operating system do you currently have?Can you press F8 repeatedly on startup and choose safe mode with networking.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Windows 7 pro
F8 does nothing
I've got to leave in a few minutes
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
F11 on startup do anything?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
You're pressing it repeatedly correct?Shut it off, take battery out and plug in power cord. Then power it up an press F1 repeatedly does this take you to BIOS?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's not easy. I have to take back off and I don't have tools. Anyway, I have to go now. Maybe we can resume later.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm on holiday in Australia with no access to tools or even the simplest of diagnostics. I'm communicating with an IPhone via 3G. I guess I'll have to take it to a repair shop if I can find one.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks for update