Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a Surface Tablet purchased Dec 2013.Its totally dead.

Customer Question

I have a Surface Tablet purchased Dec 2013.Its totally dead. Staples, London Drugs and finally Memory Lane computers cannot get it to power up. To quote, '' Suspect hardware issues. Possible Mobo or power related issue. Cannot tear down unit Costumer should contact Microsoft directly"". I am 70 years old and computer illiterate. Please advise this Tablet is my lifeline, can it be replaced or repaired ??? It is less than 3 years old for $610 I am very disappointed with your product. It has played me up for over 6 months now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your device.If the device is out of warranty and won't turn on at all, due to a mobo (motherboard) or power related issue then it's most likely not going to be a cheap fix but still I can help you get to the Microsoft answer desk specifically for the Surface tablet series.Click on the following link and sign in with your Microsoft account so you can ask them directly: reply using the box below.Regards,Martin