Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

My wife's G-mail account has been disabled. She recently

Customer Question

My wife's G-mail account has been disabled. She recently (two weeks ago) had a credit card number used on a bogus transaction so she was hacked somehow. Anyway, I suspect that someone may have hacked the account and changed the password ***** Google may have shut down the account for some related reason. I have two questions: 1) How do you get a disabled account back? and 2) Is it worth doing??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there Chris and welcomeIt is worth attempting if she does need access the the account and its emails.Just to be sure, what is the exact message she gets when she tries to sign in?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard