Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Long story short. I am on the verge of signing a contract

Customer Question

Long story short. I am on the verge of signing a contract that will give my company more work. I have been sent 4 data shpe files that I need to open, and have not been able to. Please help !!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the extension of these files in the file name (the part after the .) as I can then see what type of files they are?Or if possible, can you attach one of them to this question please Rocky?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
shp and prj. I tired to attach the file but was unable to
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you have an email, I could try and email to you
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Esri vector data storage formats for storing the location, shape, and attributes of geographic features.They work in ArcGIS You can see an overview herehttps://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/shapefiles.htmYou require this program Rocky to open them and there is a free download available fro trialhttp://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-for-desktopIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been unable to download that software. I fill out the information for the free trial, and they can never get the link to my email. Is there another free program I could use?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
No, its only this program as its their format.I tested and received an email no problem, so maybe its going to your Spam folder? Check there else call them on 1-***-***-**** (option 2).