Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

I try to keep "junk" off my computer to keep it running

Customer Question

I try to keep "junk" off my computer to keep it running smoothly. Occasionally, it seems like my computer goes back in time where it take forever to boot up to windows and then it "spirals" for a long time when I hit an icon or file to open. I has antivirus and malwear programs. The last time this happened I need to reset my computer. Is there something I an not seeing or taking care of when this happens?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Usually, deselecting programs in your Startup tab will help with spiraling and slow load times. Click on StartType MSCONFIG into the search boxClick on the Startup tabDeselect all programs that do not need to load on startup - This does not delete the programs.Select Apply and restart your computer
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.