Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Can you help me with my Mbox Mini Driver?I got a new hard

Customer Question

Can you help me with my Mbox Mini Driver?
I got a new hard drive last month & ever since then, my Mac computer has not been able to register my awesome microphone (OR my Mbox Mini). I was in touch with AVID about it. They provided me with their most current link to a free Mbox-Mini Driver, but it still did not work. They told me that Adobe has some specific driver that can help with this kind of situation & that I should contact YOU. Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, were not Adobe. But I can help you with this issue. To do so, I need to know what version of oxs you have on your mac, you can check as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have Mac OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.4
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
And do you know if you have the mbox mini, the mini 2 or the mini 3 ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have an Mbox Mini. I have already uploaded the most current driver for my Mbox Mini processor...& Adobe Audition is not recognizing my super dooper microphone, so I cannot do quality recording.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Whatever is going to be the most efficient way to solve this problem is what I want to do.
I have been in touch with various tech people for 3 weeks now...& nobody has been able to help me yet.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already signed up to pay you if you can help me, so I don't want to sign up for a 2nd charge.
In fact, I can't tell if this is a scam or not...& am already wishing I didn't give you my billing information. if you can ACTUALLY help me, it's fine. But I don't want some bogus charge on my credit card, for nothing.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
So you have the original mbox mini, and your certain of that? Can you provide a link to the specific driver you downloaded, and any software you may have downloaded from avid as well. As far as this being a scam, I can send you the refund link now if you dont want to continue, our company maintains an A+ rating with the BBB http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/ You mention additional charges, the only way there would be additional charges is if you wanted me to connect remotely and fix this issue directly. or if you accidentally signed up for the monthly subscription ( which is really only beneficial to people who need a lot of help with a lot of devices, often.. or for businesses ) Please read over my reply above and let me know if you want to continue or not. And if so, provide the info I asked for, or ask me to connect as an additional service~ Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK...I am establishing a connection with Cleverbridge (so they can help me).
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Cleverbridge? http://www.cleverbridge.com/corporate/ Im not sure they offer support for macs and Avid products.. best of luck though~ And if you change your mind and would like me to help you with an issue, you know how to reach me. ( the questions Ive asked alone should let you know that I know this product and how to install and use it well ) Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dustin... Can you please send me the link to get a refund (since I didn't actually use you guys to assist me)?
Thankyou.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Absolutely! http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund