Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Forgot password

Customer Question

forgot password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The password ***** have forgotten, what is that password ***** Your email account, a facebook account, the login password ***** your computer, etc ? To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Thank you for your reply, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a windows 10 on a LENOVO
the password ***** ***** access the computer.
I have nothing but a log in window
asking for my password.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
What model of Lenovo is it? Also, does the login window have a picture, or show an email address, or show any icons or symbols at the bottom right? Or, is this and all black window and the only writing you see is a simple box asking you to enter the password. Please describe it in as much detail as you can , as there are several types of password ***** it could be. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MODEL FOB50051us
S/n P900R9RT
It has a window with time and date
Iconz on right are: Shut down, Narrator, Newworks
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Excellent. When you hit enter or click and go to enter the password. Does it show an email address above the password, or on the screen?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The screen is lit with blue
asks for password or pin
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just my name
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Where it shows your name, if you click on your name hover y our mouse over it, does it show an email address? Also, how long have you had this lenovo, and when did you install windows 10 ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No address show.
Purchased 3 weeks ago.
rarely used it.
It gives me a password *****: imw
I have tried everything option under the sun.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I came with windows installed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It came with windows installed
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Understood.. Since you just got this computer 3 weeks ago.. The simplest way to get this working would be to use the lenovo one key recovery. Lets locate the Novo Button first.. This will help Once youve located the Novo Button.. Shut the lenovo off and then follow these steps to restore the computer In Windows (or power off PC), press the Novo button or double-click OneKey Recovery icon to start the Lenovo OneKey Recovery System.From the Novo Button Menu, choose System Recovery. This menu may also be called the System Recovery Menu.The OneKey Recovery interface will open.Select either Restore from initial backup , then click Next.Verify the Restore summary, then click Start. When your computer restarts, it will be just like it was out of the box. Make sure you set a password ***** write it down~ I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you.
I believe this will work.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
It certainly will, but if you encounter any issues at all carrying out those steps, dont hesitate to send a message. Also, if all works well please dont forget to return and click and submit a rating to show I helped you, other wise my quality score for this question is a zero, meaning no help was given. Thank you kindly, Dustin S.