Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

WHEN I TRY TO SCAN I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS, 'THE SPECIFI

Customer Question

WHEN I TRY TO SCAN I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS, 'THE SPECIFIED FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST. DO YOU WANT TO CREATE THE FOLDER?' IF I SAY YES, I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS, 'THE FOLDER YOU SPECIFIED COULDN NOT BE CREATED. THE LOCATION CANNOT BE ACCESSED OR IS WRITE PROTECTED.'
ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.I think i know what is happeneing....its just hard to explain and describe in a way that you coudl understand....but here goes..When your in the scanner software, and you attempt to save the VERY first time.....you chose a directory(folder) that was available and accessible. But now, (however long after the initial setup) that directory or folder is no longer accessible, and so the scanner asks if you would like to create a NEW folder (but in the SAME directory) but the directory is not accessible..This is most common when you are trying to use a Network drive(directory) or a USB hard drive (directory) that is no longer connected to the computer..Im pretty sure that expalins it..However if this is NOT the case.....i would have to connect to your computer to see this FIRST hand,to be able to offer a solution..Also, running Windows as a Virtual Machine....MIGHT also be causing permission issues.What user account are you logged in as on the windows guest OS?