Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager at an International Company
93720025

Problem with operating bookmarks in Windows 10 and Outlook

Customer Question

Problem with operating bookmarks in Windows 10 and Outlook I365.
I very recently had to buy a new PC. The mother board on the old one died so I had the data copied to the new one. The data was just copied so it was badly dis-organized. on the new PC.
I am now using I356 office and Windows 10 - Old system had Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 ( I think). I did not have an opportunity to make a file from the old PC of my favorites (bookmarks) from the old Outlook. to set up in the new Outlook. So, I cobbled a list of them and put them in the new Outlook. I got them all moved over, I got the all set up and they function correctly EXCEPT the new Outlook doesn't work correctly. In Outlook I put my bookmarks in a BOOKMARK vertical tool bar (a narrow Column on the left side of the screen and after clicking on the bookmark, the website display comes up in the big part of the screen in the big window. Well, now it contains of the website I clicked on comes up in the narrow bookmark tool bar on the left side that cannot be expanded or moved so I can see the the whole all the contents of the website.
Think of paying your bills - I put the companies I want to pay the bill for in the left (Book mark tool bar) and I need to go to the big part of the screen and do the payment process (filling in the payment data, dates,etc) in the big part of the screen which in really from the web browser.
I know there is an issue of a bookmark toolbar and bookmark menu but I can't find out the difference and how to set it up correctly so the favorite bookmark stays in the small column on the left and displays the webpage in the big part of the screen on the right hand 3/4 of the display page that is in the big section at the screen. This worked correctly in my previous PC system.
Would it be more efficient that I talk directly to the support person? I would be happy to call you to back or do something else that you suggest. It is late now so would it be better to do this tomorrow?
Avery Oliver ***@******.***
phone(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist with your issue. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with how the bookmarks are displaying now compared to your old machine. Do you still have the old computer, so you can provide me with a screen shot form the old computer and a screen shot from the new one, so that I can help explain how to make the needed corrections?
If you prefer, we can have a phone call and I can remotely control your computer so that we can work through the issue together. I am pretty flexible for schedule if you just let me know when you prefer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not at the cost of additional $$$, That makes this have a total cost of $65.00.
Okay, I completely understand. Can you provide me the screen shots and I can help you without the phone call?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sent a response that said tell me how to send a screen shot I do not know how to do this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have never done this & I don't know how to send a screen shot. If you can tell me, I'm bright enough to follow your directions.
Okay, I am sorry, I did not get that response. A screen shot can be done in two ways. First and maybe the easiest is using the "Snipping tool". You can open that by clicking on the start button and typing in "Snipping" and it will be the first result. Open that allocation and then click "New". That will allow you to draw a box around the window of what you want to take a picture of, then save it to your computer in an easy to find location. Once saved, you can then send it to me on this conversation as an attachment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is late and I've had a long day - my efficiency at doing this time is zero so I will have to finish this tomorrow.
That is perfectly understandable! I will be here on/off for the next 12-16 hours, so please let me know when you would like to continue. Have a good night and looking forward to fixing this for you tomorrow!
Hello, would you like to continue working on your issue? Please let me know and I am happy to assist you.