Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

Chrome was installed as my default browser. Somehow, it reverted

Customer Question

Chrome was installed as my default browser. Somehow, it reverted back to Windows XP with no added ons. How can change back to chrome without losing all my stored data. I now can't conect to Facebook and many other sites that I've acessed before.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Are you still able to open Chrome on your computer by going through the start menu?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Do this to set Chrome as your default browser:Click on the Windows Start Button and select Control Panel. Double-click on Add or Remove Programs. When the Add or Remove Programs list appears, click on the Set Programs Access and Defaults option on the left hand navigation bar. Select the Custom option and click on the arrows pointing down to expand the Custom entry. The web browsers that you have installed on your computer should be listed here. Place a checkmark next to web browser that you wish to become the default browser in Windows. Press the OK button.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
George, let me know if you're having any difficulty with this. I can connect to your computerand set it up.