Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.

Pete C******* here, ok my laptop, about a month ago I

Customer Question

Pete C******** here, ok my laptop, about a month ago I download windows 10 tried 3 time finally got it. was working ok the things happen the user account control took over and would not let me down load anything I even got a disk to repair would not allow it to run. have even tried run in safe mode not , so asked you person so 65 35 5 later nothing. the user account control that pop up has the allow button grey out the only button that works is no .oh my laptop is 6 years old thanks have put computer a way.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.
Hello Charlene, and thankyou for choosing noticed you addressed PETE......and i am NOT Pete.However, i am JUST as qualified, and just as good as Pete is..Maybe i can assist in place of Pete.....or if you would prefer.....wait for Pete to contact you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi so is my laptop dead
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok can you help
Possibly.A laptop that is 6 years old is CERTAINLY not going to be able to run Windows 10 properly..Im not sure where the idea came from to upgrade such an old machine to such a NEW Operating System.....this was a big mistake..Aside from that......if you can get or find the Windows 7 disc. You shoudl REinstall Windows 7, as that is what you will have the absolute best luck with, on such an old laptop..Keep this in mind....consumer electronics are designed and engineered to last only a year.GASP!yeah, thats thew world we live in.If it lasts LONGER than 1 year, then as far as the company is got your moneys worth..However, the typical life expectancy of a laptop in general is 3-5 years.Your is 6 years....and well....needs to be retired..Ofcourse, this does NOT mean you should lose all your files.You can pull the files (your personal, music, movies, documents, etc etc) off the computer.....but only once you have it working again.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank for info it is retired
Your very welcome..Might i ask that you take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you..If you have any follow-up Questions....please do NOT hesitate to ask me.
If you are finished and do not wish to ask a follow-up question...I ask that you kindly RATE my performance..Thank you, ***** ***** a wonderful evening.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To help fix my laptop My problem is user accountcontorl is blocking all downloads. What I did was download windows 10. the thing went bad. tried to safe mod not, it seem that user account administer is has total control over mycomputer when the user account pop up the allow spot is gray out onle the no is working to blocks everything Thanks Char
did you TRY to click on YES?Sometimes it will be grayed out, until the task window is selected as an active window..SO you must first click on the window, then it should UNgray the YES selection for you to click on..If not.....then you have corrputed files....maybe a virus...and you need your OS reINSTALLED.
Im kind of confused about the problem you described.You mentioned:"What I did was download windows 10. the thing went bad."WHat do you mean by WENT BAD?Did windows 10 actually install?Did you have to go back to Windows 7?PLEASE BE DETAILED!