Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

A pop up says " internet explorer has stopped working" hel

Customer Question

A pop up says " internet explorer has stopped working" help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Try resetting internet explorer by following the instructions below. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).Click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter.inetcpl.cpl On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.The Form data, Passwords, and inPrivate Filtering data boxes may be left un-checked. You can check them to delete this data if you so choose.Click Delete.Wait for the files to be deleted.Click the Advanced tab.Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.Start Internet Explorer. Your home page should open as expected. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have windows, I did not get a response in the serch window
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Not Search. Click Start button, All Programs, Accessories and then select Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter.inetcpl.cplOn the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.The Form data, Passwords, and inPrivate Filtering data boxes may be left un-checked. You can check them to delete this data if you so choose.Click Delete.Wait for the files to be deleted.Click the Advanced tab.Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.Start Internet Explorer. Your home page should open as expected. If you are not able to do so, please let me access your computer remotely, so that I can help you better. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No not yet fixed.
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Are you chatting from the same computer? Can i access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N