Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I have x-rite 2.2.1.68 and trying to update to 2.3.2.18.

Customer Question

I have x-rite 2.2.1.68 and trying to update to 2.3.2.18. Each time I try I get a message that it isn't signed. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.
Hi David! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.If you're using Windows, we'll need to disable driver signature enforcement in order to get this to work. The steps vary some depending on the version of Windows you're using, but try this (these steps are for Windows 8):Go to the Advanced Startup app (you can perform a search to find it)Choose to reboot the computer with Advanced Startup options enabled.When prompted, select to boot into "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode.After Windows loads, attempt again to install X-Rite. It should work. When you're done, reboot your computer back into "normal" mode and enjoy being able to use your device again!Getting there on Windows 10 is a little trickier, but not too bad:Click the Start menu and select Settings.Click Update and Security.Click on Recovery.Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.Click Troubleshoot.Click Advanced options.Click Startup Settings.Click on Restart.On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.Proceed then to install your driver update, and reboot Windows back into Normal mode when you're done!I hope that helps. If you run into any trouble or have additional questions, please let me know.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.
Hi David! It's been a couple days since we last chatted, so I wanted to check in and make sure you were able to successfully install X-Rite? Would you please let me know when you can? I look forward to hearing from you!