GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I visited a sketchy website 6 months ago and have NOT done

Customer Question

I visited a sketchy website 6 months ago and have NOT done it since. Yet new website visits to other sketchy sites are showing in my history as if I have recently visited them. I have not. How can this happen?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to help you with this. It sounds as though you may have some type of malware on your computer and/or possibly some iffy browser add-ons that you may have gotten during the original visit to the sketchy site. If you'l let me know what Operating System you have, I can provided detailed instructions for thoroughly cleaning your computer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IOS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
So this is on an iPad or iPhone, correct?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
If you're using Safari, you can clear your internet history from the Bookmarks section. Just go to Safari’s bookmarks, find the History folder, and tap Clear.Alternatively, you can go into your Settings, and from there, scroll down to Safari. While you’re in Safari’s settings, you’ll easily find the options to clear your web history and all other data associated with your browser.If you wish to prevent the recording of any more history from here on out, you can turn Private Browsing on from the same page. This means no more logging of websites, cookies or search terms for as long as you’ve got it enabled, and no more problems.To go a step further, and clear cookies and cache from Safari on iPhone or iPadLaunch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.Scroll down and tap on Safari.Now scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Advanced.Tap on Website Data. Notice here you can see how much space on your iPhone or iPad website data is taking up.Scroll to the bottom again and tap on Remove All Website Data.Confirm one more time you'd like to delete all data.If you're using the Google Chrome browser on your IOS device, please let me know and I will provide instructions for clearing that as well.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!