Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

Installed access 2016 5 days ago and everything was working

Customer Question

installed access 2016 5 days ago and everything was working fine. Now anytime vba runs, access freezes.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: program works fine on everyone elses pc. access works fine as long as I do not go to vba. set a debug point on the first line of code after the dim statements and it freezes on set db = currentdb or any other code that runs
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: purchased from, already tried unistalling and reinstalling
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
if it was working 5 days ago try doing a system restore to a time when it was working properly. We can try other stuff if it doesn't work but it might fix it very easily. System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10hold the windows logo key and hit Rin the box that appears typerstrui.exehit enter select restore to an earlier date. Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTEDchoose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problemhit ok / restorethe computer will start to shut down a restoring settings box will appear with a status barwhen it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected. It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am trying that but my computer wont turn on now. It says i can restart or go to advanced options
go to advanced options and then trouble shootingyou can get to system restore from there or you can go to trouble shooting then start settingsyou want to put it into safe mode on the restart then hold the windows logo key and hit Rin the run box typemsconfighit enterclick the services tabCHECK THE BOX FOR HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICESdisable everything elsehit applyclick on startup tabeither disable everything in it or if it has a link to the task manager click thatand disable everything on the task manager under startup then reboot i am leaving for the night but i will be here tomorrow. Just post in and i will get back to you as soon as i come in tomorrow
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I couldnt it to start properly. Since the computer is only a few days old i did a full system restore. Lost everything i have worked on in the ladt few days but didnt know what else to do. Now for some reason i can not seem to find out how to use my wireless network adapter or wifi to connect to the internet. Was very easy the first time but now it doesnt seem to be an option
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am thinking system restore or restore points should have been my last resort rather than first attempt at fixing the issue
System restore is usually the first just because it's so easy and can fix so many things. What have you tried with the wifi?You should be able to just click on the wifi icon down at the bottom right near the clock and select your router from the list and put the passkey in