Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I just recently downloaded windows 10. A couple of weeks ago

Customer Question

I just recently downloaded windows 10. A couple of weeks ago a upgrade came through on friday. Now I cant download or upload. I just get a error that says I must have a administrator password ***** do any changes. I never put in a administrator password, But it says I have to have one, but it wont let me put in one. How do I find out what the administrator password ***** is in my machine.
Robert Stowell***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.
reboot the machinemake sure that you log in with an account that has admin rightsthen try using your normal password ***** a blank password.
you can also try restoring to a time before the problem started System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10hold the windows logo key and hit Rin the box that appears typerstrui.exehit enter select restore to an earlier date. Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTEDchoose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problemhit ok / restorethe computer will start to shut down a restoring settings box will appear with a status barwhen it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected. It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.