ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

I have windows 7 home premium and I'm trying to install windows

Customer Question

I have windows 7 home premium and I'm trying to install windows 10. The problem is it says NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce430, I don't know what that is. Then it says manufacture hasn't made display compatible. Is there anything be done to correct it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer! The NVIDIA component that is listed is your video adapter. Essentially that is the part of your computer that gives it the ability to put images on your screen. And as you may be aware, all hardware components require a piece of software called a driver, which tells Windows how to operate the component. In your case, there is no Windows 10 driver available for your GeForce card, and that's why you're getting the message. It's possible that a Windows 10 driver will be released in the future, but for now at least the component is simply not compatible. You will need to stick with Windows 7 for now. Honestly, this may be a blessing in disguise for you as many people have had problems after doing the upgrade to Windows 10. If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help. And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the screen to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.