Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I clicked don't save document and reason nothing

Customer Question

I clicked don't save for a document and for some reason nothing that was written in the last 8 hours was saved even though I have auto save every ten minutes. I am using word 2008 on a mac
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I also used auto recovery and it was not there
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yes I tried going into tempory files and found it and changed it to text edit but it would not translate into english stayed in computer jargon
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What location do you see specifically, when you go to Word>Preferences>Save Does it show the location where its supposed to save your autosaves? If so, open that location in your finder, and lets see if you have any files in there.. If so, we may be able to recover one of the autosaves. If no location is entered, or you dont see any files showing in the location it specified.. Then theres nothing we can do. Let me know what you find and if you can locate the files, I can try to help you recover them. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.