Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician

My Acer V3-5551-8469 computer has started to beep and the screen

Customer Question

My Acer V3-5551-8469 computer has started to beep and the screen lightens and dims. How can I fix it. I unplugged it during a storm and forgot to plug it back up the next day. The battery is fully charged and I keep it on sleep when I am not using it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. try a power reset with the battery and power cord removed. please follow these steps> disconnect the power cord, then Remove the battery from the battery compartment.Then Press and hold down the Power button for about 45 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, Press the Power button to turn on the computer.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally,Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It still doing the same thing. :(
Okay, the next thing you will need to do is determine if the display is failing. Connect the laptop to an external monitor. You can use an hdmi cable and connect to a tv. If the external monitor is operating correctly then that will mean the lcd display is bad on the Acer.