Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have a rosewill ATX slim full tower gaming computer

Customer Question

hello, I have a rosewill ATX slim full tower gaming computer case. I would like to get a liquid cooling unit (NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61) and I wanted to be sure that this will fit in my case with a ASUS x99 motherboard?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Upon research, that is a good question.The X61 is basically two fans (for vent spaces on the case, and a cooling disc connected by tubes onto the CPU chip.It can fit into a Full Tower type case - the tubes are 16 inches long. But ATX slim?Check first, does your ATX Slim case have two fan spaces or fan vents or fan grilles, for the two fans?Also, is there room within the fan spaces or fan grilles, for the part that actually radiates the heat? that would require about (roughly) the listed dimensions: 140 (W) x 280 (H) x 27mm (D) or in other words, about 1 inch of Depth (D) - the thickness of the fans and the cooling unit together, since the cooling unit goes onto the fans. If it is over 16 inches from the fan grilles in your case to the CPU chip, though (which is centrally located in your motherboard) here will be not enough reach, rather than not enough space.So it depends upon where the fan grilles are in your case. If they are at the 'bottom' of the motherboard, in this view, where it says 'SATA OPTIMIZATION', then it might be a bit too far:https://jet.com/product/detail/b5181e24ab4446eeb2af46f3382100ec?jcmp=pla:ggl:cwin_electronics_a1:circuit_boards_components_printed_circuit_boards_a1_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=cwin_electronics_a1&ds_cid&ds_ag=circuit_boards_components_printed_circuit_boards_a1_other&product_id=b5181e24ab4446eeb2af46f3382100ec&product_partition_id=161688660060&gclid=CM71jN-upcwCFRRZhgod9HcIbQ&gclsrc=aw.ds If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks. Good luck.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hey Russell, let me break out the trusty old tape measure to give you a correct dimension. BRB
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Russell, it appears that if I took and made every bend I might be able to use up 13" (that's being generous) to the top of my case. Now I fully intend on putting a Intel 2011 v-3 chip w/ 64 Gb (300) DDR4 ram for running my Autodesk software and my Solid Works software. I have looked at a couple of I7 chips, any suggestions? Thx, Randy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OH that's (3000)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will check back later today? Thx, Randy
That (about the coprocessor) is a separate question, strictly. But if you're using a Haswell-series microprocessor, be sure the board you're using it with has the Intel 8 Series chipset, or the Intel 9 Series or the Intell C220 series chipsets. I think I answered the other question, could you take time to rate my answer? thanks, ***** ***** luck.