GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My dell computer will not turn on JA: Good tech support is

Customer Question

my dell computer will not turn on
JA: Good tech support is often the difference between a quick fix and many sleepless nights. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: have power to the computer, have reset by unplugging and waiting, and still will not come on
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: When it did come on it showed the Dell screen- breifly showed Dell Screen Safe mode and went off again and will not start after that
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Running XP
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. If your Dell was running on battery and the battery ran down, it may have gone in to hibernation mode, which is like a deep sleep. If this is the case, you will need to unplug the power cord, and remove the battery, then hold the power button for a minimum of thirty seconds (with power cord and battery out). After you've done that, you can plug the power cord in and try to turn it on. If all goes well, you can then replace the battery. Just be sure to let it fully charge before unplugging again. If you don't know how to remove provide the model # ***** your Dell and I will provide instructions.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!